Who We Are
LifeAsMama.com is more than just a website that reaches over 700,000 moms per month, 300,000 followers on Pinterest and over 300,000 followers on Facebook. We are a community of mothers who want to share the best motherhood has to offer, and we do it with passion, expertise and fun. Our goal is to inspire and support busy moms everywhere!
We are seeking regular contributors to share their knowledge and ideas with mamas across the globe. We provide our readers with motivational pieces on pregnancy, beauty, fashion, food and all things kids.
What We’re Looking For
- Flawless execution of copy, excellent grammar and spelling.
- The ability to research facts and report them accurately.
- Fresh content ideation – you’re thinking of new topics for pieces like they’re going out of style, and you know that they are, because timing is everything.
- Dedication to deadlines like your life depends on it
- Ability to follow directions (especially when it comes to “Your Next Steps”)
Your Next Step:
Does this sound like you? Fabulous! We’re excited to see what you’ve got.
- Consider a category for the post you’d like to write: Pregnancy, Parenting, DIY, Fashion, Kids- you get the idea.
- Type away and get creative. Most posts are in the range of 500 words; you’ll want to have a cohesive post with a creative title and consistent voice. Create something you would be interested in reading yourself.
- Include an author bio at the bottom of your post. These are about 2-3 sentences and can include anywhere from your favorite hobbies to the name of your cat.
- Add everything to a Google doc and email to karly[at]homelifemedia.com.
- Sit tight! We’ll get back to you in one to two weeks with our feedback on your submission.
We need your help in following these steps to a T! An inability to follow directions may result in your piece not being reviewed. Before submitting to Life As Mama, please read through a post on our sister site, The Daily Positive, regarding common mistakes freelance writers make when submitting to publishers. You can find the post here.
Can I include links in my articles?
You may include 1 link to your personal website or social media account in your bio. We do not allow links to other sites within the body of our articles.
Can I submit an article I’ve written from another site?
We love our content to be unique just like you, so we do not allow previously published work on our site.
Do I have to be a mom to submit an article?
You don’t have to be a parent to write for Life As Mama. Although some experience with kids will definitely help you with content ideas and catering to our audience.
Can I write about anything I want?
Our audience is made up of a variety of people, but mostly moms who need support and ideas for parenting issues. We welcome new ideas but our main goal is to be motivational and inspirational to our community of moms. Please consider this when suggesting topics for your submission. Please also note that we plan articles at least 4 weeks in advance, specifically in regards to holidays and seasons. When coming up with topics or presenting full articles, its important to note that we cannot publish seasonal pieces that are submitted less than a month before the date of the holiday.