If you’re interested in learning how to make a monkey bread recipe that will knock your sock off, this is the one for you. The delicious pull apart bread is coated in sweet flavors like walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar. All these flavors fill your kitchen with the loveliest aromas when you bake this bread.
Chunky Walnut Monkey Bread Recipe
This monkey bread recipe is simple for anyone to make. The biscuit dough is prepackaged and easy to arrange in your bundt cake pan. Additionally the flavors will amaze you and your loved ones. For example, brown sugar is one of my favorite dessert ingredients.
Brown sugar is simply granulated sugar coated with molasses. The reason why it’s slightly moist is because of the natural consistency of molasses. It caramelizes quicker than white sugar which is great for glazes like this tasty recipe.
Learn how to make this tasty dessert with these easy steps!
How to make monkey bread is really quite simple, all you need are the following ingredients: 3 packages of 12 oz refrigerated biscuit dough, white sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter. You will also need brown sugar, walnuts, vanilla powder, and vanilla extract.
One last ingredient I love to add into the monkey bread recipe glaze is powdered sugar. Powder sugar is different from granulated sugar simply in size and texture. Did you know you could make powdered sugar by just grinding regular sugar down? All you need is a coffee grinder!
This succulent dessert is moist, sticky, and easy to make. The best part is that you don’t even have to make dough. Just pick out your favorite biscuit dough from the local grocery store. Additionally it only takes 15 minutes to prep, 45 minutes to bake, and makes 15 servings. See the full detailed recipe on how to make monkey bread.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1 (10 inch) bundt cake pan
* 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
* 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
* 1/2 tbsp vanilla powder
* 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan with melted butter
- Combine white sugar, cinnamon, vanilla powder, and nutmeg in a large plastic bad
- Cut each individualized biscuit into 4 separate pieces
- Shake 8 pieces at a time in the sugar mixture bag then immediately place them around the bottom of the bundt cake pan
- Sprinkle each layer with crushed walnuts (use 1 cup for the bread)
- Repeat these steps until all the biscuits are in the pan
- Place it in the oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Allow the monkey bread to rest for 10 minutes then turn over onto a plate or hard surface
- Then melt the butter, powder sugar, brown sugar, .5 cup walnuts and vanilla extract in a saucepan on medium low heat
- Simmer for 3 minutes then pour on top of the monkey bread