5. Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole
Well, we know that kids love hotdogs. That’s a given. But what goes right along with hotdogs? Tater tots! This recipe dresses up those two complementary foods with some yummy chili for a dish that will warm your belly on a cold night. See this recipe for 8 below!
- 10 Hot Dogs Sliced
- 1 25 Ounce Can Chili
- 1 15 Ounce Can Chili
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Package Frozen Tater Tots
(Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole courtesy of TheSaltyMarshmallow.com.)
6. Kid-Friendly Tuna Casserole
Tuna casserole is a classic favorite that many kids love once introduced to it. Not all kids are crazy about eating food from the sea, aside from the occasional fish stick, so this is a great way to get some seafood in their diet. After all, tuna is the chicken of the sea!
- 16 ounces pasta (large shells are great for this)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunked Velveeta cheese (you can go the Velveeta route, I personally prefer Tillamook shreds)
- 1(10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 12 -18ounces canned tuna (drained, 2-3 cans)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Boil and drain pasta.
3. Combine all ingredients in 13×9 in pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and stir. Continue to bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is entirely melted.
5. Stir and serve.
(Recipe courtesy from GeniusKitchen.com)
Got any good casserole recipes to share with us? Leave us one in the comments section. Happy casserole cooking!
And if you’re hungry for more, check out this collection of budget-friendly casseroles to feed the family.