I was in the mood for baking and I remembered my new bundt cake pan. I’ve only used it once so far and I decided to make a chocolate bundt cake recipe today! Easy chocolate cake recipes like this one are so decadent and moist.
I love making a simple vanilla glaze for my chocolate bundt cake recipe. Vanilla glaze only needs 4 simple ingredients and tops the cake perfectly. All you need for the glaze is 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tbsp softened butter. I also like to add 1 tsp vanilla powder and 4 tbsp whole milk.
To make the glaze simply combine the ingredients and whisk vigorously until they are thoroughly combined. It can be extremely helpful to sift the powdered sugar before whisking. That’s because clumping is very common especially if it has been stagnant for a while. This method will give you the best glaze for easy chocolate cake recipes like this one.
I adore this easy decadent cake this time of year.
Another fun ingredient for this chocolate bundt cake recipe is instant coffee grounds. It adds a rustic earthy flavor that amplifies the chocolate and sugar. Other ingredients for the bundt cake include flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
You will also need baking soda, unsweetened cocoa powder, and mini chocolate chips. More ingredients for this easy chocolate cake recipe include cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and eggs. Don’t forget the vegetable oil, melted butter, whole milk, and water.
In order to make the perfect chocolate bundt cake recipe first preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch bundt cake pan with melted butter or oil and set it aside. Mix the ingredients in a large mixing bowl before pouring it in the pan. Bake your easy chocolate cake for 45 minutes!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients For The Cake
2.5 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp instant coffee grounds
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1.25 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2.5 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
Ingredients For The Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla powder
4 tbsp whole milk
Directions For The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease your bundt cake pan (9.5 or 10 inch) with vegetable oil or melted butter
- Then, in a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (not the chocolate chips though yet)
- Whisk them all together vigorously until thoroughly combined
- Using a hand held electric mixer on low mix in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Followed by the melted butter
- Then the oil, make sure these ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the batter
- Next mix in the water evenly followed lastly by the milk
- Once the batter is smooth and clump free you can mix in the chocolate chips with a large spoon or spatula
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake pan
- Bake it for 45 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool off before sticking something flat down the sides gently to separate and avoid sticking
- Then turn the cake pan upside down on a hard surface and tap the top
- Pull the cake pan up and off the cake
Directions For The Glaze
- Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla powder, and milk in a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined
- Add in the soft butter and whisk again
- Keep at room temperature until ready to pour on top of the finished cake
- Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips
Are you a lover of donuts? Check out this fun roundup of seven homemade donut recipes the whole family will love here on LifeAsMama.com!