Sometimes as a mom, we choose foods that are simple yet delicious when feeding our little ones’ hungry tummies. Why are hand pies a hit with both moms and kids? Well…
Kids love hand pies because:
- You don’t need to sit down and use a fork. Just pick it up and enjoy!
- They’re easy to hold in little hands, no need to cut, and it’s a crust pretty much every kid can agree on!
Moms love hand pies because:
- There’s no plate and fork to wash
- The kids don’t ask for ice cream like they do when they sit down to eat pie
- Perfect for school lunches or car snacks, or any other time you’re on the go!
We chose cherry/cranberry for this recipe, but really you can put any filling in these little crusts for a a savory or sweet snack. We’ve made them with apples, blueberries, pumpkin, peaches and strawberries–even BBQ chicken!
For ladies and kids on the go, hand pies are a perfect choice for kids because they’re easy to eat and won’t make a mess everywhere. Because we already know, you’ve got enough to clean up as it is! Check out our delicious cherry berry hand pies your kids will be sure to love!
For the savory pies, we left off the sugar and added sesame seeds.