When it comes to dinner, I’m not always motivated to whip up a fancy meal that requires lots of brain power. I am usually good at planning ahead when it comes to dinner, but sometimes, casseroles are a great way to get the family fed and not have to spend hours doing it.
We’ve put together a quick list of 6 yummy casseroles the whole family will love to get dinner on the table in no time. (You know, so you can hit that wine time sooner!)
1. Easy Peasy Pizza Casserole
Um, who doesn’t love pizza? That was a trick question, but still, this is the best of both worlds by combining common pizza ingredients with satisfying spiral noodles. Check out the easy recipe below:
Easy-Peasy Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 16 oz bag of spiral noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 pounds of beef, browned and crumbled
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 7 oz bag of pepperoni slices
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked noodles, browned and crumbled ground beef, spaghetti sauce, pepperoni slices, and half the mozzarella cheese.
2. Once mixed, place in a 9 x 13 in dish.
3. Cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
(Easy pizza casserole recipes courtesy of MidwesternMom.com.)
2. King Ranch Chicken Casserole
I live in Texas, and this casserole is a staple in many homes here. (Heck, you can even find “King Ranch Sauce” at most local grocery stores in the state!) The King Ranch is actually the largest privately owned ranch in Texas, and this casserole with Tex-Mex flair is sure to please the whole family. (Although you might want to leave the bell peppers to one side should your littles not be a fan of them.)
It’s an easy casserole recipe that requires very little guesswork and combines some tasty ingredients you may not have considered to put together before testing it out. See the recipe below (set for 5 servings).
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 0.25 cup Bell Peppers any color, chopped
- 0.25 cup Onion chopped
- 5.38 ounces Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 5.38 ounces Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 7.25 ounces Diced Tomatoes and Chilies undrained (traditionally Rotel is what is used – nut you can stick with plain diced tomatoes if you feel your kids wouldn’t be a fan of those chilies.)
- 1 cups Chicken Breast cooked, and chopped
- 3 12-inch Flour Tortillas cut into bite-size pieces
- 1.5 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
4. Add Cream of Mushroom soup, Cream of Chicken soup, diced tomatoes & chilies, and chicken to the peppers and onions and mix together.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
6. Add 1/3 of tortilla strips to bottom of the dish, followed by 1/3 of the chicken and soup mixture, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat this two more times, ending in cheese.
7. Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Allow 15 minutes to cool before serving.
(King Ranch chicken casserole courtesy of HomeMadeInterest.com.)