Remember that huge pack of popsicle sticks you bought at the dollar store? The ones you had huge craft plans for? Well the wait is finally over, because we’ve got the ultimate list of popsicle stick crafts for you and the kids! Popsicle sticks are a great art medium because they are perfect for little hands, can be painted, glued and glittered and are fun for all ages. We’re sure you’ll find more than a few crafts to keep you busy for the afternoon.
1. Popsicle Stick Monsters
These popsicle stick monsters were originally created for Halloween but they are so cute, who cares if you make them in July? I can see a cute puppet show emerging from the creation of these adorable guys. And if your kids love googly eyes as much as mine, there’s no end to the monster scariness!
Check out HeartArtsNCrafts.com for the full instructions, along with tons of other craft ideas for both moms and kids.
2. Do you have a budding reader on your hands? Why not create this adorable Magic Wand Reading Pointer to help making reading fun?
3. This Popsicle Stick Catapult will keep the kids happy (and you finding pom poms for days!).
4. These Popsicle Stick Mermaids are adorable and perfect for your Little Mermaid fans!
5. Teaching the kiddos about birds? Why not create some adorable Birds using your craft sticks?
6. Popsicle Stick Ballerinas
If you’ve got a dancer in the family, then this craft is a must. Pipe cleaners, cupcake liners and some creative drawing will give you the perfect popsicle stick ballerina for your upcoming ballet!
This is a pretty detailed craft so head over to GluedToMyCraftsBlog.com for all the details!
7. Do you have some older kids that are all about their friends? Why not settle down with this craft and make some Popsicle Stick Photo Frames?
8. If you enjoy spending time outside and watching the birds, you definitely need to make this craft stick Bird Feeder.
9. Since you’re using popsicle sticks, why not make a huge, craft Popsicle?
10. Got a musician in the house? Then they’ll love bedazzling their own Craft Stick Harmonica!
11. Craft Stick Airplane
This airplane may never truly take flight, but your kids will have a blast creating it for themselves. Not only would this be a fun afternoon activity, it would be an adorable addition to an aviation themed-nursery or boys room.
Check out MakingLifeBlissful.com for this craft tutorial, activities for moms, parenting and food!
12. Every kid could use a set of these Craft Stick Dolls. Imagine the “puppet” show!
13. Help your kids create a safe place to store their treasure by making these popsicle stick Treasure Boxes!
14. These Exploding Boomerangs are so cool, we dare you not to play with them too!
15. These Wax Paper Lanterns made with popsicle sticks are so beautiful, you’ll have no problem proudly displaying them in your home!
16. Craft Stick & Watercolour Sculpture
This gorgeous expression of your child’s creativity couldn’t get any easier to make. Simply glue the sticks together in whatever formation they want and then have them paint or color the sticks. Personally I’d have them color them first, but either way you will end up with a fun representation of your child’s imagination.
Head over to Childhood101.com for this craft and other great ideas for kids.
17. Your young hockey players will love these miniature Craft Stick Hockey Sticks! Grab a button to serve as a puck, and you’ve got the perfect restaurant table activity!
18. Get the kids in the patriotic spirit by making these craft stick American Flags.
19. These Rainbow Friendship Bracelets take some patience, but you can’t beat the unique look!
20. These Craft Stick Tissue Paper Fish are great for an under the sea adventure!