When summer comes around, it feels like everything is about the kids. Summer camps, school, and playdates make our schedules seem too packed to do much else. But the hot weather is also the perfect time to plan out some summer dates with your main squeeze, and it doesn’t have to be expensive. There are tons of summer date night ideas out there, and many of them involve staying at home. I, for one, need to get out of the house once in awhile and that’s why this list is all about getting away from the kids and spending some one on one time with your spouse. They all cost less than $20 and I hope you love them as much as we do!
Summer Date Night Ideas
1. Beach, lake or pool day
2. Concert in the park
3. Go for a hike, bike ride or play a pick-up game of your favorite sport
4. DIY projects- think picking out flowers for the house, and then planting them while listening to music and enjoying an iced tea!
5. Enjoy iced coffees at your local coffee house
6. Go berry picking
7. Movie in the park or a drive-in
8. Free winery or brewery tour
9. Shop at the local farmers market, swap meat or flea market
10. Visit a museum on free entrance days
11. Buy a travel book and plan your next vacation
12. Do a free yoga class together- most studio offer the first class for free!
13. Hit up a minor league baseball game- they are fun but at a fraction of the cost as an MLB game
14. Go canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding
15. Go out for Happy Hour drinks and bring a card or board game
16. Check out your local summer carnival or fair
17. Participate in your local bar’s trivia night
18. Volunteer together
19. Enjoy a summer picnic at a local or regional park
20. Buy a bottle of cheap wine and enjoy some stargazing together