Regardless of whether we’re talking about birthdays, Christmas, or Valentine’s Day, gift-giving can be a beautiful thing. However, it can also be a complicated thing.
Sure, you can always go with the classics, such as a box of chocolate, a nice perfume, flowers, or a wallet. But if you’re buying for someone really close to your heart, you’ll want to try harder. This doesn’t necessarily mean spending more money, but rather giving more thought to what that beloved someone could need or wish.
It sounds complicated and blurry, we know, but that’s why we’re here – to help. Here are some ideas.
For the sentimental ones
We’ve already mentioned that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to give a meaningful gift, and that’s the perfect intro to these suggestions. Sentimental individuals who have a special bond with you will appreciate an evocative gift that brings to light your mutual gratefulness for that bond.
- A family tree photo holder for your emotional parents or grandparents
- A scrapbook telling the history of your relationship for your best friend or significant other
- A bucket list of all the things you’re planning on doing with them
- Personalized illustration/print of the two of you
For the adventurists
If you have an avid traveler close to you, or simply a person who’s always seeking adventure no matter where they are, you’ll want to give them a gift that’s not only useful, but also shows your love for their adventurous spirit.
- You can try something simple like a suitcase.
- There are numerous travel gadgets that can be of use, such as power banks, travel pillows, travel-size irons, wireless chargers, and similar.
- You can help fuel their lust for adrenaline with gifts in the form of vouchers for wild activities (like bungee jumping, for example), or you can encourage them to try a fun new hobby with a gift that serves as a token of your support. For example, if they’ve mentioned they want to try something cool like paddleboarding, there’s a wide variety of paddleboard accessories that make for great gifts.
- A DSLR camera to help capture their fantastic memories
For the gourmets
If your good friend, partner, or a family member is a true connoisseur of good food and loves both eating and preparing it, you’re in luck because there’s a plethora of great gifts you can give them. Here are a few of them:
- A gift basket with sweet and salty delights their senses will marvel at
- A course on food and wine pairings may bring valuable knowledge for life
- A package of enticing seasonings and spices
- A cheese collection.
- A collection of different types of pasta
For the nerds
If you haven’t tuned in for a while, we’ve got news for you: the nerd culture is all the rage, and everyone’s loving it! Superheroes have made quite some noise in the previous couple of years, but now we have the epic return of one of the most famous franchises ever – yes, we’re talking about the Star Wars and its side-product Mandalorian (Baby Yoda is all the rage right now). So, let’s see what options you have:
- A stuffed Baby Yoda toy (hopefully, they’ll be ready soon)
- A DVD edition of their favorite movie (Avengers Box Set, for example)
Memorabilia from their most beloved films (Harry Potter’s wand, for example)
For the music lover
Everyone loves music, but some people just can’t imagine their lives without it. If you know such a person, here’s how to make them happy.
- A record player (vintage or modern, depending on their tastes)
- A rare vinyl edition of their favorite artist
- Concert tickets
- A subscription to Rolling Stone magazine
- An autobiography of a performer they love
- A musical instrument
For the athlete
If a person dear to you loves sports or simply plans to be more active in the future, you can support their athletic drive with some of these:
- A yoga mat for at-home and studio workouts
- Noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- Foam roller to ease sore muscles
- A pair of stylish and performance-boosting stretch pants
- A gym bag
- A gym membership
The gift of time
Your partner, your family members, and your friends most likely want to spend as much time with you as they can. Turn that into a beautiful experience by tailoring your time together around the things you have in common. This can mean that you will have dinner together or have a laser tag competition, depending on what you both like.
All of these suggestions should serve as mere inspiration. In the end, it’s you who knows your beloved ones best. Take your time to give it some thought, and you’ll come up with something that’s certain to put a genuine smile on their face.
About the Author
Hannah Thomas is a gardening and home décor enthusiast. Garden is the place where she feels most comfortable, that’s why there are always a lot of books and empty coffee cups on the back porch. Always learning, exploring and smiling.