Planners are something that I never replace with technology. I’ve tried and failed many times. There’s just something about a pen and paper checklist that makes me feel more protective and on top of things! I have been one who tries many planners, so I can easily tell you the pros and cons and the ins and outs of some of the most popular planners! In fact, we have written several reviews and round-ups about planners here on Life As Mama!
That’s why I was beyond excited when we were contacted by Emily Ley to review their most popular product. The Simplified Planner is one I was honored to review! Before we get into the review, we wanted to share some tips that come straight from the lovely people at Emily Ley to help you get the most out of using a planner.
- Our #1 tip is pretty simple! USE your planner. Planners won’t help you stay organized or keep track of your life, if you don’t write things down and use those pages.
- Keep your Simplified Planner where it’s always accessible. Maybe that’s your purse, office desk or kitchen counter.
- Carve out time at the end of each day to plan for the next day and/or reserve a few minutes on the weekend to prep for the week ahead.
- Think through what’s most important to you. Schedule time for those things first.
- Don’t be afraid to get your planner messy. Scribble notes. Scratch things out. Be comfortable with white space.
- Use color coding to keep track of various commitments (assign work, family, school, etc each it’s own color). Or assign each child a color on your pages.
- Paperclip important recipes or coupons to the pages of your planner. These things won’t end up at the bottom of your purse – and you’ll always know where they are!
To change things up a bit, we decided to share our review through a video! Check it out below!
So, what do you think? Find out more information by visiting the Simplified Planner website here.